Liver Birthday Cake for Dogs
Your canine friend will be all over this. Serve it with a scoop of The Bear & The Rat's pumpkin frozen yogurt for an exotic treat your fur-kid will love.
- 500 g chicken livers
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cornmeal or 1 cup semolina flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (do not use fresh garlic, fresh garlic is harmful to dogs)
- Liquefy chicken liver and egg in blender.
- Add liver mixture to remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into lightly greased oven-safe pan/tray/dish and bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes. Cut into desired shape(s) when still warm.
- For a pretty cake, cut out two flower shapes and stack them on top of each other slightly staggered to give the illusion of layers of petals.
Adapted from Food.com
The Bear & The Rat | Healthy Dog Ice Cream | Yogurt Treats for Dogs http://cooltreatsfordogs.com/