Peanut Butter Cookies
Serve up a homemade dog treat for your next pawty. Try putting yogurt in the middle for an irresistible "ice cream" sandwich!
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour (see note below for substitutions)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and the egg. Add peanut butter, water, honey and stir until you have stiff dough. the dough becomes very firm and sticky. You may need to use your hands, or the paddle attachment on your mixer.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough about ½ inch thick and use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes. the treats barely spread and rise, so get creative with your shapes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Some dogs are allergic to flour/wheat. If you want to make these wheat free, you can use rice flour of coconut flour as a replacement. They will work, but might change the consistency a bit.
- Keep in an airtight container or give as gifts!
Adapted from The Cookie Rookie
The Bear & The Rat | Healthy Dog Ice Cream | Yogurt Treats for Dogs http://cooltreatsfordogs.com/