Peanut Butter Pupcakes
Nothing goes better with dog ice cream than a pupcake, and you have to try this easy, adorable recipe! Top off with a dollop of The Bear & The Rat's Bacon Peanut Butter frozen yogurt for a sensational treat your dog won't forget!
- ½ cup brown rice flour (or whole wheat flour or rye flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup organic canola oil
- ⅓ cup organic applesauce
- 1 organic, pastured egg
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 3 tablespoons organic plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ tablespoons organic peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, canola oil, applesauce, egg, and honey until well combined.
- Insert cupcake liners into a muffin or cupcake pan. Spoon mixture into cupcake liners, filling each about halfway.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir yogurt and peanut butter until mixture is smooth and creamy. Use a small spatula or butter knife to smooth a thin layer of the peanut butter frosting over each cupcake.
- Frost cupcakes immediately before serving.
- Cupcakes should hold up for 4-5 days if stored in an airtight container in a cool, shaded, dry spot. Peanut butter frosting should be stored separately, covered and refrigerated.
Adapted from The Scrumptious Pumpkin
The Bear & The Rat | Healthy Dog Ice Cream | Yogurt Treats for Dogs http://cooltreatsfordogs.com/