Pumpkin Birthday Cake for Dogs
Is Pumpkin good for dogs? YES! It's great for digestive health (think fiber!), high in essential fatty acids and antioxidants which is terrific for overall healthy skin & fur. Add a scoop of The Bear & The Rat's Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt for a treat that's sure to be the hit of your next pawty!
- 2-½ cups water
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup peanut butter (chunky)
- 3-½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix water, pumpkin, egg, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together and stir well. Spoon into a greased 6 inch pan till about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until firm (but not too brown).
- Cool completely and store in an open container or paper bag in the refrigerator.
- As always though use common sense and don't let your pup eat the whole thing. Moderation is key. I made this and only let my dog and its guest eat a small amount. I got a cute picture of her eating it for a photo then took it away and gave her only a small chunk. Of course, they would like to eat the whole thing but it "could" upset their stomach. Since, this is different than their normal everyday diet.
Adapted from Keeping my Cents
The Bear & The Rat | Healthy Dog Ice Cream | Yogurt Treats for Dogs http://cooltreatsfordogs.com/